Vivo X20 and X20 Plus: Hi-Fi-frameless with face unlock
Vivo announced two new models of smartphones, which continued the hit line X - X20 and X20 Plus. The main innovation in the new products was a screen with an aspect ratio of 18: 9, occupying 85-86% of the front panel of the smartphone (Vivo data). The diagonal of the screen in the younger model is 6.01 ", in the older one - 6.43". The resolution is the same - 2160x1080 pixels. The all-metal case of smartphones is black, pink or golden. The antennas are displayed in the form of a curved strip a-la iPhone 7.
The fingerprint scanner located on the back panel is just one of two ways of biometric identification in the Vivo X20 and X20 Plus. The second is face recognition. This function was called by the manufacturer Face Wake. Unlike Face ID from Apple, Vivo technology does not use any additional modules, it only needs a front camera. Most likely, this negatively affects the quality of face recognition.
The heart of the Vivo X20 and X20 Plus is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset. It is complemented by 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory. Having installed a powerful stuffing, Vivo decided to supplement it with software for games. All together received the name Vivo Game Engine. This package includes the ability to open instant messengers and other applications, as well as a keyboard in floating windows on top of the game interface, without stopping its work. The game is also not paused in the case of an incoming call, until you pick up the phone.
The main camera Vivo X20 and X20 Plus - double. It consists of a 12-megapixel module with Dual Pixel and aperture f / 1.8 and an additional 5-megapixel module used to blur the background. The front camera is also 12 megapixel with Dual Pixel. Aperture is more modest - f / 2.0. Both smartphones received Hi-Fi audio, but different. In the X20 stands the chip AK4367A from Asahi Kasei, and X20 Plus is equipped with ESS Saber ES9318. The capacity of the battery Vivo X20 - 3245 mAh, X20 Plus - 3905 mAh. The price of the younger version of the smartphone is 2998 yuan.
Technical specifications of the Vivo X20 | X20 Plus:
- Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), CDMA / EVDO (800 MHz), WCDMA (850/900/1900/2100 MHz), TD-SCDMA (1880/2010 MHz), FDD- LTE (Band 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8), TDD-LTE (Band 34, 38, 39, 40, 41)
- Platform: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Funtouch OS
- Display: 6,01 "| 6,43", 2160х1080 points, 432 ppi | 404 ppi, Super AMOLED
- Camera: Dual, 12 Mp Dual Pixel + 5 Mp, f / 1.8, Flash
- Front camera: 12 Mp Dual Pixel, f / 2.0s
- Processor: 8 cores, up to 2.2 GHz, 64 bits, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Graphics chip: Adreno 512
- Memory: 4 GB
- Internal memory: 64 GB
- Memory card: microSD (up to 256 GB)
- Sound: DAC Asahi Kasei AK4376A | ESS Saber ES9118
- Bluetooth 5
- Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac)
- The fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3245 mAh | 3905 mAh
- Dimensions: 155.85x75.15x7.2 mm | 165.32x80.09x7.45 mm
- Weight: 159 g | 181.5 g